TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Rani Mukerji, who recently attended the Indian Film Festival in Melbourne, talked to the media on how the ace actor Kamal Haasan changed her, when she was shooting with him for Hey Ram! Rani reveals that when she arrived on the sets, the first thing Mr Haasan told her was to wash off her make-up and Rani was left all stunned!
"For me, Hey Ram was a turning point. I went to the set and Kamal Haasan told me to wash off my make up. So I went back to my room, dabbed my face and came back. Kamal sir asked me to go back again and actually wash my face."
"I then removed all my makeup and for the first time, I felt confident. Back then, heroines were expected to put a lot of make up and that was the normal. But he changed me. I think an artist should be able to forget about their looks, hair and weight. Rather the focus should be on their act on screen. That's when you truly evolve," said Rani.
It's indeed an interesting revelation and it's even more relevant today. Even though the film industry has evolved a lot from the past 20-30 years, the film-maker's obsession with the heroine's look/body hasn't changed much. Thankfully, there are some actresses who care about only good cinema and Rani is indeed one of them!
From being a housewife to a mother and a star, Rani is balancing both her personal and professional lives like a pro. And we're nothing but in awe of her.
On the work front, she was last seen in Hichki. For the uninitiated, the film is also all set to release in Kazakhstan on September 20. The film had a successful run in Russia and now a version with Russian voice-over will release in Kazakhstan.