- Deepika Padukone REVEALS What She Loves The Most About Ranveer Singh & It's Super Cute!
- STRANGE! What's Keeping Deepika Padukone Away From Signing Multiple Films Post Padmaavat?
- Ravi Dubey Has Nailed It In Ranveer Singh’s Alauddin Khilji Look, Fans Can’t Stop Praising Him!
- Ranveer Singh Finally Reveals Why He Agreed To Dub For Deadpool 2 & It's Totally BIZZARE!
- Are You Listening Ranveer Singh? Dwayne Bravo Can't Get Deepika Padukone Out Of His Head!
- Ranveer Singh: I Have Been Exploring Indian Superhero Subjects
- LOL! This Throwback Pic Of Ranveer Singh Proves That He Was A Fitness Freak Even As A Kid
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA! Ranveer Singh Was Missing Deepika Padukone Badly At Sonam Kapoor's Reception!
- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja's Wedding: Ranveer Singh Flaunts His Funky Sunglasses
- Ranveer Singh Reveals The Story Of His Next Film Gully Boy
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone Tell Staff Not To Take Leave During Their Wedding; Dates Finalised
- Ranveer Singh, Karan Johar & Others Praise Harshvardhan Kapoor's Bhavesh Joshi Trailer
Kangana Ranaut and Karan Johar nepotism debate had given rise to many controversies. She is the only actress, who spoke so bravely on this subject. Now, after Kangana, Ranveer too admitted that he almost left his dream of becoming an actor, when he saw that only star kids were getting a break in Bollywood.
The actor also said that when he was fifteen, he thought of becoming a copywriter instead of an actor, all thanks to nepotism. Read his entire interview below.
Ranveer Realised In 10th Grade
During an interview with a leading channel, Ranveer Singh said, ‘'The only thing I ever wanted to do was to become an actor. And then it's in around 10th grade that I realise that in the position that I am in the film industry the way it is structured is very nepotistic.''
When Only Star Kids Were Getting Break
''At the time when it was around the year 2000 when I was in 10th grade and I was looking around me the only people who were getting break were sons of actor, director and producers.''
There Was Abhishek, Hrithik &...
‘'There was Abhishek Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan, Tusshar Kapoor and Zayed Khan, you know everybody had a lineage, there was absolutely no example to go by, to kind of pace, to take a bunt on, that if he has done then why can't I do, there were only Shahrukh Khan and Akshay Kumar and that too years ago.''
So I Said, Let Me Become A Copy Writer
''It was just too farfetched for me at the time at the age of 15 to think that I would get a break in the film industry, so I actually let go of my dream. I said let me become a copy writer and I was pursuing that.''
I Was A Student Of
''I was a student of Mass Media for four years. By chance I took an acting class and they asked me to perform something on the first day and I did. And I felt this immense rush you know that came back to me. I was like men, this is when I feel the most alive,'' he added.
On His Upcoming Film
When asked about Gully Boy, Ranveer told a leading web portal, "It is incredible. It is a story of these boys who come from tough existence. They are a franchise to a lot of people who have got a tough life.''
It Is Closest To My Heart
‘'They found an expression in art and in music. They have broken through as recording artists. It's something I feel for, very strongly and the film is perhaps closest to my heart after Band Baaja Baraat because it is my first film but Gully Boy, is closest to my heart because I am keen to be champion of this cause of trying to grow and develop this most wonderful music scenes which are flourishing and coming out of the streets of Mumbai."