- Rani Mukerji: We Are Actors & Not Models; We Have To First Do Justice To Who We Are On Screen!
- Rani Mukherji's Open Letter On Her Birthday Is A Tight Slap To The Double Standards Of Bollywood!
- HE PROVED THEM WRONG! Ajay Devgn Was Told By People That 'He Is Not A Hero Material'
- Karan Johar On His Biggest Hichki: I Used To Get Teased A Lot For My Girlish Voice As A Child
- INSIDE PICS! Kajol, Rani Mukherji, Kareena Kapoor Have A Blast At KJo's Birthday Bash For Mom Hiroo
- RIP Sridevi! Rani Mukherji: It's A Huge Loss For Me; I Will Never Forget Her Contribution In My Life
- Arjun Kapoor, Karan Johar & Others Rush To Console Janhvi & Khushi Kapoor After Sridevi's Death!
- LOL! Rani Mukherji Makes Fun Of Her Husband Aditya Chopra At Home & Calls Him A 'Loser'
- SHOCKING CONFESSION! Rani Mukherji Admits She CURSES & ABUSES Husband Aditya Chopra Every Day
- OUCH! Aditya Chopra Had A PROBLEM With Rani Mukherji's Star Status
- WAIT WHAT! Rani Mukherji Says If Aditya Chopra Was Like KJo, She Wouldn't Have Fallen In Love
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 2! Rani Mukherji's Reaction On Reuniting With SRK- Kajol For Aanand L. Rai Film
Rani Mukherji who has been missing from the big screen after her last film Hichki, is all geared up for the release of her upcoming film 'Hichki' which has her playing the role of a teacher suffering from Tourette syndrome.
Just like nepotism, pay disparity in the film industry is also a much-talked about topic in Bollywood. Recently while speaking to Mid-day, Rani opened up about this issue. Here's what she had to say-
Rani Never Worked For Money
The actress told the tabloid, "That's not what drove me to work. I worked to be happy."
Acting Is Her Passion
"My parents took care of my finances," says the actor. Her aim was to act well and get appreciated," Rani added.
Whom Is She Hinting At?
Rani said, "Nowadays, a lot of people who don't know how to act are also talking of pay parity. It's important to hone your skills and become good at what you do, money will follow."
She Has A Point
"Actors make money from endorsements or cutting ribbons. Money can come from anywhere," said the actress.
She Does Not Interfere In Her Husband Aditya Chopra's Work
"I have been a very individualistic person. My achievements are my own and my husband's, his own. I think he has single-handedly done what he has done. I have been part of his movies, I have contributed to his productions, but the company is his father's, and it is his."
Rani On Industry's Obsession With Looks
While speaking to Quint, Rani had said, "I have always looked upon my life very differently. At a very young age I saw my father deal with heart problems, so I had become health conscious very early. I think I was in the eighth standard when my dad had a heart attack. He had certain dietary restrictions that we all became aware of.
Whether I was in films or not, I would still want to lead a healthy life. It's more about fitness than appearance. While appearance does make a difference what is most important is not to make yourself look good by going under the knife and doing surgeries. Rather, feel good about yourself internally by being healthy. I feel if you love yourself, it shows."