- Catfight Brewing Between Kriti Sanon & Shraddha Kapoor! Sushant Singh Rajput To Be Blamed?
- Deepika Padukone Ends Cold War With Katrina Kaif; Does The Unexpected On Her Birthday!
- Irrfan Khan Health Update: The Actor Is Doing Great! He Sings & Records Songs, Says Vishal Bhardwaj
- IFFM Awards 2018: Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju & Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat Lead The Nominations!
- Deepika Padukone Breaks Into A Cute Dance For Her Boyfriend Ranveer Singh On His Birthday!
- Deepika Padukone Clocks 25 M Followers On Instagram!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh's Wedding To Take Place In India, Not In Italy!
- Birthday Special: 5 Reasons Why Ranveer Singh Should Get The 'Best Boyfriend' Trophy
- Did Neetu Indirectly Blame Deepika & Katrina Kaif For Their Failed Relationship With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Deepika Padukone Reveals It All; Her Favorite Food To Her Favorite Emoji!
- Shahrukh Khan Gets Special Treatment From Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh; Wedding Fixed On Nov 12
- Deepika Padukone Was Asked To Get A BOOB JOB Done To Be Picked Up By Bollywood Producers!
Gender pay gap has become a raging issue in the entertainment industry and Bollywood star Deepika Padukone says women should no longer settle for less and demand what they deserve.
The actor, who attended the Time 100 Gala here last night, spoke to TIME magazine about developing the confidence as a woman to ask for better pay. Deepika, star of films like Padmaavat, Piku and Hollywood film xXx: Return of Xander Cage, said women for long have been made to question their worth but there is a shift now.
Deepika Makes A Strong Point On Gender Pay Gap
"You can feel a sense of am I stepping over the line, do I deserve it? But if you believe you deserve it, then you do. For years, we've been made to feel we should be OK with settling for less, with sometimes a promise of getting something more later on."
It's Okay To Fight For It: Deepika
"But I think you should get what you think you deserve. It's OK to fight for it, and it's OK to feel uncomfortable initially, because that's just the way we've been made to feel for so long," Deepika, 32, who features in 2018 TIME 100 list as one of the world's most influential people, said.
Earlier Deepika Had Urged Male Superstars To Charge Less
Deepika, who was hailed as a global star in her profile by her xXx co-star Vin Diesel, had earlier also mentioned this issue, while talking to Rajeev Masand and had said, "I don't feel that actors (actresses here) should be charging more and more fees, but male actors should start charging less amount to reduce the pay gap not the other way around."
High Fees Damage The Business
She had added, "Because you are burdening the film then. I understand that somewhere those numbers are justified but there has to be a way out. Because it's really damaging the business."
"I agree I don't understand the business of cinema in India but I do know that something needs to be fixed. I do feel that it's not about women asking for more but men asking for less."
It's really gutsy of Deepika to mention this issue on a global level. But we wonder if the three Khans (Shahrukh, Aamir & Salman) will ever take stand for Deepika's opinion.We feel it's high time, they should speak up!
Inputs From PTI