- Are You Listening Ranveer Singh? Dwayne Bravo Can't Get Deepika Padukone Out Of His Head!
- Cannes 2018: Unlike Aishwarya Rai & Deepika, Sonam Kapoor FAILS To Grab Eyeballs On Red Carpet
- Anushka Sharma Ends Cold War With Deepika Padukone? Praises Her Cannes Look Leaving Fans Surprised
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone Charms In Frilly Pink, Kangana Ranaut Is Glam In Embroidered Catsuit!
- Cannes: Deepika Padukone Knows How To Get The Cape Game Bang On, See It For Yourself!
- CANNES 2018: Deepika Padukone & Kangana Ranaut LOCK HORNS At The Red Carpet Looking All FIERY [PICS]
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone SLAYS It Like A Boss! View Pictures
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA! Ranveer Singh Was Missing Deepika Padukone Badly At Sonam Kapoor's Reception!
- Met Gala 2018: Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra's Dramatic FACE-OFF Takes Internet By Storm [Pics]
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone Tell Staff Not To Take Leave During Their Wedding; Dates Finalised
- Sorry Sonam Kapoor! Deepika Padukone Might Skip Your Wedding For This Reason
- This Picture Will Make Ranveer Singh Jealous! Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone Look So Hot Together
Gender pay gap has become a raging issue in the entertainment industry and Bollywood star Deepika Padukone says women should no longer settle for less and demand what they deserve.
The actor, who attended the Time 100 Gala here last night, spoke to TIME magazine about developing the confidence as a woman to ask for better pay. Deepika, star of films like Padmaavat, Piku and Hollywood film xXx: Return of Xander Cage, said women for long have been made to question their worth but there is a shift now.
Deepika Makes A Strong Point On Gender Pay Gap
"You can feel a sense of am I stepping over the line, do I deserve it? But if you believe you deserve it, then you do. For years, we've been made to feel we should be OK with settling for less, with sometimes a promise of getting something more later on."
It's Okay To Fight For It: Deepika
"But I think you should get what you think you deserve. It's OK to fight for it, and it's OK to feel uncomfortable initially, because that's just the way we've been made to feel for so long," Deepika, 32, who features in 2018 TIME 100 list as one of the world's most influential people, said.
Earlier Deepika Had Urged Male Superstars To Charge Less
Deepika, who was hailed as a global star in her profile by her xXx co-star Vin Diesel, had earlier also mentioned this issue, while talking to Rajeev Masand and had said, "I don't feel that actors (actresses here) should be charging more and more fees, but male actors should start charging less amount to reduce the pay gap not the other way around."
High Fees Damage The Business
She had added, "Because you are burdening the film then. I understand that somewhere those numbers are justified but there has to be a way out. Because it's really damaging the business."
"I agree I don't understand the business of cinema in India but I do know that something needs to be fixed. I do feel that it's not about women asking for more but men asking for less."
It's really gutsy of Deepika to mention this issue on a global level. But we wonder if the three Khans (Shahrukh, Aamir & Salman) will ever take stand for Deepika's opinion.We feel it's high time, they should speak up!
Inputs From PTI