- Rivalry Over Wedding! Deepika Padukone Wants Everything That Priyanka Chopra Gets, Says A Filmmaker
- Ranveer Singh Renovates His House, Could It Be For The Wedding With Deepika Padukone?
- An Usually Cool Deepika Padukone Loses Temper When Asked About Her Wedding With Ranveer Singh!
- Deepika Padukone Talks About Ex-Boyfriend, Says Only Ranbir Kapoor Had The Guts To Say This To Me!
- Deepika Padukone To Return In The Next 'xXx' Film, Confirms Director DJ Caruso!
- Deepika Padukone On Irrfan Khan's Illness: Life Is Fragile, Anything Can Happen To Anyone!
- Deepika Padukone To Confirm Her Wedding Details Soon! Here's Proof
- Deepika Padukone On Biopics: I Feel Like There Are Too Many Being Made!
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone To Perform Nandi Puja Ahead Of Their Wedding!
- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Engagement: Deepika Padukone Wasn't Invited But Ranveer Singh Was?
- Deepika Padukone Starts Preparing For Her Wedding With Ranveer; This Is The First Thing She Bought
- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
Gender pay gap has become a raging issue in the entertainment industry and Bollywood star Deepika Padukone says women should no longer settle for less and demand what they deserve.
The actor, who attended the Time 100 Gala here last night, spoke to TIME magazine about developing the confidence as a woman to ask for better pay. Deepika, star of films like Padmaavat, Piku and Hollywood film xXx: Return of Xander Cage, said women for long have been made to question their worth but there is a shift now.
Deepika Makes A Strong Point On Gender Pay Gap
"You can feel a sense of am I stepping over the line, do I deserve it? But if you believe you deserve it, then you do. For years, we've been made to feel we should be OK with settling for less, with sometimes a promise of getting something more later on."
It's Okay To Fight For It: Deepika
"But I think you should get what you think you deserve. It's OK to fight for it, and it's OK to feel uncomfortable initially, because that's just the way we've been made to feel for so long," Deepika, 32, who features in 2018 TIME 100 list as one of the world's most influential people, said.
Earlier Deepika Had Urged Male Superstars To Charge Less
Deepika, who was hailed as a global star in her profile by her xXx co-star Vin Diesel, had earlier also mentioned this issue, while talking to Rajeev Masand and had said, "I don't feel that actors (actresses here) should be charging more and more fees, but male actors should start charging less amount to reduce the pay gap not the other way around."
High Fees Damage The Business
She had added, "Because you are burdening the film then. I understand that somewhere those numbers are justified but there has to be a way out. Because it's really damaging the business."
"I agree I don't understand the business of cinema in India but I do know that something needs to be fixed. I do feel that it's not about women asking for more but men asking for less."
It's really gutsy of Deepika to mention this issue on a global level. But we wonder if the three Khans (Shahrukh, Aamir & Salman) will ever take stand for Deepika's opinion.We feel it's high time, they should speak up!
Inputs From PTI