TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Renowned heart specialist Dr. Viren Goenka (Rajit Kapoor), his wife Sanjana (Konkona Sen Sharma) and their seven year old daughter Anishka (Jhanak Shukla) are a happy family in Mumbai. Their joys have just multiplied with Viren being honoured with a prestigious award for his contribution to the medical world.
Viren is all set to visit New Delhi to receive this award in a grand function. He promises his daughter to take her for a fabulous family vacation once he returns. But fate had something else planned for Viren and his family.
Destiny strikes hard against them and Anishka is kidnapped under Sanjana's nose. She is startled with the presence of a creepy man named Krish in her house. Krish tells her that Anishka will be fine as long as Sanjana and Dr. Goenka follow his instructions.
While Krish keeps Sanjana in the house, his partner Roohi keeps Viren confined in his hotel room and their third associate Kabir holds Anishka at a remote location. The kidnappers keep strict half-hour checks with each other by cell phones, and if all goes as planned, the whole act would take only 24 hours. The kidnappers set the ransom to a whopping amount of Rs 3 Crore.
It doesn't take much for Viren and Sanjana to realize that abiding by the kidnappers' rules is the best thing that they could do to save their daughter's life. Viren mortgages everything possible, including his dream hospital project and his house and somehow manages to collect Rs 3 Crore in just 24 hours, an act next to impossible being trapped at one place.
But it seems that testing time had just begun for the already suffering family. Something highly unfortunate strikes and the kidnappers flee without any sign of their daughter and take away the ransom money as well. Both Sanjana and Viren are uncertain about what could have happened and fear for the life of their only beloved daughter Anishka.
Viren wants his daughter back at any cost and thus he tries to exploit all his resources. Entire police force is on move to search for any clues of the kidnappers or Anishka but they can't discover anything significant.
As clock ticks away, a series of incidents take place and the turmoil almost changes each life. What happens next is the harsh reality that crosses a thin line between life... and death.