TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Monday, October 08, 2007
Saawariya is a Bollywood film to be released in November 2007, directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. It will be released by Sony Pictures , and will thus be the first Indian movie produced by a Hollywood production house. It is based on Fyodor Dostoevsky's short story, White Nights.
The lead roles will be played by debutantes Ranbir Kapoor (Rishi Kapoor's son) and Sonam Kapoor (Anil Kapoor's daughter).The film also stars Salman Khan and Rani Mukerji in supporting roles.
Saawariya is expected to hit the screens in Diwali 2007.the protagonist is young 22 year old man who is a dreamer. He comes across a young lady and their story begins. Days are as bright as night. The story is based on four nights that the protagonists spend together.
It is the story of a shy dreamer, Raj (22 years old), who spent most of his time isolated in his apartment, creating riddles and finding answers to them, jabbering poetry or arguing with his foolish landlady Miss Disa, with whom he shared a love/hate relationship. Raj was loved by one and all, for he always brought happiness to the people around him.
Destiny plans a magical tale for Raj over the next four nights of his life that shall change his entire being
Saawariya is the story of a couple's chance encounter and the advance of their parallel obsessions over four successive nights. An impromptu romance is initiated in a remote town in the serene beauty of picturesque Simla, a quaint hill station in Northern India that was once the summer capital of India under the British Raj, known for its lakes, mist, heavenly snowfall, rains and the tall swaying pine trees.
The bright, fun-filled winding streets of the mall come alive with singing clubs, rustic folklore, dancing, love ballads, flourishing colonies of artists and weavers, and chants from the monastery- all woven in perfect harmony into a magical dream.
It is here that the dreamer finds the 'lost' self in himself.
Soundtracks will be released on September, 21 2007. Music is given by Monty Sharma, and CD contains 14 songs, including several instrumentals.
- Salman Khan ... Rohan
- Rani Mukerji ... Gulab
- Ranbir Kapoor ... Raj
- Sonam Kapoor ... Sakina
- Zohra Sehgal ...
- Begum Para ...
- Alka Yagnik
- Shreya Ghoshal