- Indra Kumar: I Don't React To Criticism
- Rekha, First And Only Choice For Super Nani: Indra Kumar
- Kareena Kapoor Not Interested In Having Babies: Randhir Kapoor
- Rekha's Super Nani Adds Scene From Sharman Joshi's Short Film
- Rekha Plays Harmonium On Comedy Nights With Kapil!
- Kapil Sharma Over The Moon With Rekha On Comedy Nights...
- Super Nani Pushed Forward To Avoid Clash With SRK: Director
- Rekha Does A Madhubala In 'Super Nani'
- Rekha's Super Nani To Clash With SRK's Happy New Year
- Dhadak Special Screening: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sara Ali Khan Catch Ishaan-Janhvi's Film!
- INSIDE IIFA 2018: Ranbir Kapoor Dances To Balam Pichkari, Rekha Charms & KJo Goes Shava-Shava!
- Rekha Comes Between Jaya & Aishwarya Rai Bachchan? Her PDA For Amitabh Bachchan IRRITATES His Family
Director Indra Kumar has taken a subject and roped in Rekha to give a message-oriented film 'Super Nani' with lot of emotions, drama, romance and comedy which unfortunately has not worked out in his favour.
Music Director: Harshit Saxena, Sanjeev-Darshan
Roping in an actress like Rekha who defies age will not make a film work wonders. Nothing against beautiful Rekha, but director Indra Kumar should know this fact first. Touted as a comeback movie for Rekha, Super Nani was promoted that way.
Super Nani's story revolves around an NRI filmmaker Manorath (Sharman Joshi) who is shocked to see his 'Nani' Bharti Bhatia (Rekha) ill-treated and not respected for all her hard work at home. Rekha who thinks that her world starts and end with her family, grand children, at one point gets very hurt when they don't recognize and respect her effort at all. Sharman Joshi comes into picture and helps her transform with Anupam Kher's help. Will he help her out and make the family realize her worth? That forms the rest of the story.
Despite his efforts to showcase a strong message, director Indra Kumar's Super Nani misses its soul in the script. The film goes on and on with a lot of Gyaan. It becomes very predictable and melodramatic. Even in this century, when there are problems prevailing in the society like what they have portrayed, director has given it in a very old-fashioned way.
To Watch Super Nani Book tickets at lowest prices now
It is hard to believe Rekha getting transformed in a jiffy from a very old-fashioned, too dramatic 'Nani' to a modern woman who can wear modern dresses and flirts with a director. Sharman Joshi's acting as a grand son who persuades his Nani and helps her out looks good. Anupam Kher has his funny bits in the film. Randhir Kapoor as Rekha's husband in the film has also got few good scenes.
Newcomer Shweta Kumar is ok, not bad. The movie as a whole doesn't touch any emotions except for the fact that it is Rekha's special comeback movie.
Super Nani = Rekha Special.
This actress has proved once again that age is just a number.
Sharman Joshi ANd Rekha
The NRI grand son transforms his Nani and will he make his famliy realize her worth, forms the story.
Randhir Kapoor has his few scenes in the film where he shines.
Does she not look absolutely stunning? Super Nani is her Rekha special.
Grand son teaching his Nani.
Rekha posing as an neglected woman when Sharman captures that moment.
Rekha is posing with director Indra Kumar.