TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Finally, the D-day of one of the most anticipated projects of Bollywood, Bajirao Mastani has arrived. Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali waited almost 12 years to mount his dream project 'Bajirao Mastani' on the silver screen. For him, Bajirao Mastani is what 'Avatar' was for James Cameron.
This Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone-Priyanka Chopra starrer is a high-voltage historical drama and will surely renew your faith in nothing but true love, and it will surely hit you right in the heart!
Although Bajirao Mastani is a historical love-saga, it will be presented to the audiences through the director's creative point of view, with not just the facts & history, but a lot more!
So get ready to find the answers to the many questions you have; What is Bajirao Mastani all about? Is it worth a watch? What is the movie's strength and weakness (if any)?
Bajirao Mastani Plot:
The movie, more than anything, is an extraordinary representation of the fact that love is true and beyond religions. And Bajirao (Ranveer Singh), the intrepid and heroic Peshwa who has battled hard to win every war he has fought, fights even harder to bring respect to his beloved Mastani (Deepika Padukone), who is disliked by his wife Kashibai (Priyanka Chopra) and other members of the Peshwa family.
The real drama starts when Bajirao's own mother (Tanvi Azmi) conspires against Mastani. At one point, Bajirao is even asked to choose between his Kingdom and Mastani. Will Bajirao win his war for Mastani? For that, you have to watch the film!
What each of them sacrifices for their love and pride forms the crux of the story.
Only once in a blue moon does every single character of the film (whether it be the lead role or side role) perform exceptionally well and leave a long-lasting impression on our mind! Be it Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone or Priyanka Chopra, all have given award-winning performances and it won't be wrong if we say, it's difficult to choose one among them.
Ranveer & Deepika share screen space for a large part of the movie, while Priyanka shares limited space. But her character is extremely crucial and forms the climax of the film. We have no words to describe the chemistry of Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone. In fact, you won't even feel that they are portraying their respective characters, they actually live as Bajirao & Mastani. It's so real, so organic!
Bajirao Mastani Pros:
* Bajirao Mastani is a visual treat to all the fans out there. It is SLB's best looking film. Grand war scenes? Check! Breathtaking locations? Check! Frames filled up with colours and lights? Check!
* The whole story goes along with a number of melodious tracks with Marathi tadka, which fits perfectly to the beginning, climax and ending of the film.
* The way Sanjay Leela Bhansali has executed the film is worth giving a bow! His work is totally an outstanding artistry.
* I would really like to appreciate the vision of the costume designer of the film, Anju Modi. All the looks of the characters on big screen will leave you in awe and the credit goes to the lady behind the costume designing!
Bajirao Mastani Cons:
* The only demerit, probably a huge one, which we found about the film is that it is from a historical background, and that's why it might fail to connect with a large number of the audiences.
PS: But, we appreciate Mr Bhansali for presenting the history in the most beautiful way, possible!
* At times, you might feel that 'drag' but then, most of the historical dramas give you that feel.
From high-octane drama to the passionate romance, from grand war scenes to heart-melting tracks, Bajirao Mastani has everything in it.
It is surely a must watch, and it doesn't matter whether you are a Deepika, Ranveer or Priyanka fan; no two opinions about it! A perfect masterpiece by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Not forgetting to mention, it's the kind of film that you will carry in your heart. We give the movie 3 stars for the film and an extra half star for the actors' mind-blowing performances.
ALSO READ: Click On 'Show Photos' To Read Unknown Interesting Facts About The Film!
Initially, Sanjay Leela Bhansali wanted to cast Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor as Kashibai & Mastani. But later, Deepika & Priyanka came on board and the rest, as they say is history!
Bajirao’s Real Ghost
Ranveer had once mentioned in a recent interview, while promoting Bajirao Mastani that he had an encounter with the spirit of real Maratha warrior, Peshwa Bajirao.
Tanvi Azmi Went Bald For The Film
Not only Ranveer, but actress Tanvi Azmi, who will be seen playing the role of Bajirao's mother, also went bald to look more promising in her character on-screen.
Birju Maharaj Trained Deepika For The Film
In the film, there is a special Kathak song for Deepika Padukone, and for the same Deepika took training from the Kathak dancer, Pandit Birju Maharaj.
Deepika’s War Scene Attire’s Weight
Apparently, Deepika Padukone had shot for the war sequences, while sporting a nearly 20 Kg armour. Isn't that amazing? You go girl!
Jewellery Worth Rs 3 Crores For BM’s Trio
Yes, you read it right. Interestingly, these jewellery and costumes were brought to the sets of Bajirao Mastani with special security, everyday. And to avoid any mishap, accessories were always transported to and from the sets with the special security guards.