1) If Deepika had not been an actress she would have been a badminton player.
2) Deepika was not the first choice for Chennai Express.
3) Deepika was born in Copenhagen, Denmark and migrated to Bangalore at the age of 11 months.
4) For Chandani Chowk to China Deepika learned Japanese martial art form of Jujutsu and performed the stunts in the movie without any duplicate.
5) Deepika's first dialogue in her debut film Om Shanti Om was “Kutte, kameene! Bhagwan ke liye mujhe chhod de!’
6) Deepika usually wears clothes from 'ZARA' at all high profile events.
7) She is related to the legendary filmmaker Guru Dutt whose real name was Vasanth Padukone.
8) Deepika Padukone has a sister Anisha who is a golf champ. Deepika loves outdoor sports.
9) Before she came into the film industry, Deepika was in a relationship with wannabe actor Nihar Pandya whom she left under very dramatic circumstances when she got involved with Ranbir Kapoor.