TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Monday, April 10, 2006
Mumbai (UNI): Aishwarya Rai starrer Provoked will be premiered at the Cannes Film Festival on May 19, the film's director Jagmohan Mundhra said here today.
The film starring Aishwarya as the protagonist depicting the role of a battered Indian wife in the U K also has Nandita Das, Naveen Andrews, Miranda Richardson, Robbie Coltrane, Rebecca Pidgeon playing important roles with music by A R Rahman.
Screenplay is by Carl Austin based on a book called 'Circle of Light' by Rahila Gupta and Kiranjit Ahluwalia. It is a true story of Kiranjit who killed her violent husband. The case had shocked Britain nearly a decade and half ago. The worldwide launch of the film will be in June-July after the premiere.
''We have had one screening in London for British Culture Minister Patricia Heuitt who had launched the Bollywood Initiative in England. The screening was well received and according to the minister, there was not a single dry eye in the audience,'' Mundhra said and added that he was pleased with the response. New York based Lee Daniel company will market the film globally. ''The film is complete and the company is devising marketing strategies for the worldwide release,'' he added.