TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
By: Sunil Noronha
Friday, February 24, 2006
The BAFTA Awards Ceremony held in Leicester Square, London was held on February 19th, Sunday night. Winners that emerged from the awards included Brokeback Mountain, King Kong and In Cold Blood among others. Brokeback Mountain took home a quartet of awards for Best Film, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Adapted Screenplay and The David Lean Award for Achievement in Direction. Hit film The Constant Gardener scored a major disappointment with a dismal performance at the Awards on Sunday. They took home none out of seven nominations but one for editing-not for the category that was expected at all. Walk the Line, the chronicle of Country crooner Johnny Cash, won two awards-Best Actress in a Lead Role (Reese Witherspoon) and the BAFTA Awards for Best Sound. Witherspoon acted opposite Joaquin Phoenix, who played the role of Johnny Cash in the flick.
Memoirs of a Geisha took home two awards too - The Anthony Asquith Award for Achievement in Film Music, Cinematography and costume design. Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and King Kong won in the categories of Makeup and Hair&Achievement in Special Visual Effects categories respectively.
Keira Knightley's run ends