TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
At the Berlin Awards, Sir Ian McKellen gave the American Film Industry flak for the biased outlook that they have towards homosexuals in the business. At the Berlin Awards where he received a lifetime achievement award, the most prominent gay artist in the industry said that things have not improved over the years. He was in praise of this years hit film Brokeback Mountain that paraded a gay relationship between stars Jake Gyllenhall and Heath Ledger. The thespian said that the American Movie Industry was moving slowly with the times. He himself is a gay fighter of the industry. He came clean in '88 and that preceded his rise to stardom and to becoming one of the top-notch actors in the business.
The gay opinion around is that this particular year Hollywood has done well in giving homosexuals their say. Flicks like Capote and Transamerica apart from Brokeback Mountain) which really sets the ball rolling all close in on gay relationship being portrayed in movies. The causes they perpetrate have served two main benefits to the gay community-one being providing storylines, which appeal to both homosexual and non-homosexual intrests apart from telling the world the true "homosexual story".