TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
By: Sunil Noronha
The western film world has landed in London, the other capital of the western world to display their prowess in the field of cinema. Particular appearances at this year's British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards Ceremony from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean are George Clooney who has two nominations in the same category, Jake Gyllenhaal for his performance in Brokeback Mountain and Charlize Theron for North Country.
The nominee with the best statistics remains to be George Clooney. He is standing for the Best Actor for Good Night and Good Luck and Syriana. For the former film, he also has a nomination for best director and screenplay. The nations film industry is represented well by the film The Constant Gardener. It has bagged ten nominations including Best Actor and Best Actress Awards. Another mentionable name is Judi Bench who has the nomination for Best Actress in both the Oscars and the Baftas for Mrs Henderson Presents.
But after all this is not the Oscars. The organisers of the Awards Ceremony had intentionally preponed it to catch the award ceremony season breeze better hoping that some of the glamour will fall on them too but after all is said and done the Oscars and The Baftas are not parallel. For instance last year, when the Clint Eastwood film Million Dollar Baby which starred Hilary Swank made a clean sweep at the Academy Awards, it made no such impact at the Bafta Awards because the distributors of the film refused to distribute the film to the voters. This year the box office took a turn for a better but there was a dip in the number of films made because of the nations tax restrictions.