TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
Over the weekend, people all around the world have been thronging the theatres to watch the Tom Hanks' religious thriller da vinci code. The da vinci code discovered the secret of box office magic with a remarkable $77 million opening in theaters! The biblical thriller based on the best-selling book by Dan Brown and helmed by Ron Howard sparked protests due to its controversial premise, but audiences still came out to see Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou and Paul Bettany search for the Holy Grail.
The picture snagged the title for biggest domestic opening this year, and made a staggering $224 million in sales worldwide, with $147 million of its total box office coming from overseas.
In second was DreamWorks' animated Over the Hedge, which brought in a respectable $37.2 million in its debut. The picture features the vocal talents of Bruce Willis and Garry Shandling, among others.
M:i:III ended its two week hold on the No. 1 spot, coming in third with $11 million.
Poseidon took fourth in its second week in theaters, taking in another $9.2 million, and RV stayed in the top five with $5.1 million.