TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
According to sources, Pakistan may grant permission for shooting of the movie about the slaying of Wall Street Journal reporter, Daniel Pearl. The movie is based on Mariane Pearl's book on the ordeal of her husband. In January, 2002 Daniel Pearl was kidnapped in Karachi who was doing a research on the story of Islamist militants. The movie is directed by Michael Winterbottom starring Angelina Jolie.
Pakistan police had detained the crew members who were shooting for the film, A Mighty Heart near a hotel in Karachi, stating that they did not have a permission to shoot the film in Pakistan. The home secretary of the southern province of Sindh, Gholam Mohtaram, said to Reuters that the government would consider permission for shooting if request was made "through proper channels."