TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nagrota Attack: Free Run For Terrorists
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- Launch Alert: Huawei Mate 20 Pro To Launch On 27th November
- Deepika And Ranveer Bangalore Reception: All You Need To Know!
- F1 Raceweek: Alonso Farewell Looms
- Typhus - Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
LOS ANGELES, Nov 7 (Reuters) A Russian teenager who reportedly wanted to kill Hollywood teen idol Hilary Duff has been arrested, Los Angeles police said.
Maksim Myaskovskiy, 18, was booked on Friday on suspicion of stalking and making criminal threats, said Sgt Steve Tobias of the Manhattan Beach Police Dept. He is scheduled to be arraigning today, Tobias said.
According to the celebrity Web site TMZ.com, Myaskovskiy, a Russian ÉmigrÉ, was arrested at a hotel after he told a private investigator that he planned to kill Duff, 19, at an event she was scheduled to attend on Sunday.
TMZ reported that Duff and her boyfriend, rock star Joel Madden, have sought a restraining order against Myaskovskiy.
According to legal papers filed by Duff, Myaskovskiy came to the United States ''for the sole purpose of meeting and becoming romantically involved with Ms Duff,'' TMZ reported. A spokesperson for Duff was not immediately available.
Duff has appeared in such movies as the Cheaper By the Dozen comedies and ''Material Girls.'' She has also topped the US pop album charts.
Gibson wins over latinos hearts