TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Mumbai (UNI): Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie thanked Indian authorities for allowing them to shoot the film A Mighty Heart in Mumbai and Pune. She was speaking to a select group of mediapersons at a five-star hotel in South Mumbai tonight. She said she was delighted to be in India. ''I am very happy and delighted to be here and would like to thank the Indian authorities for their support.'' She said she had been avoiding the media because she had a lot of work to do.
Talking about the film, Jolie said, ''This is an important film for us and we are trying to put in our best.'' She said she was ''loving her stay in Mumbai''. When asked about her ride on suburban train, she quipped, ''It was all fun.'' In reply to a question whether Brad Pitt and she were planning to adopt an Indian child, she categorically denied it. Besides Anjelina Jolie there were other crew members present at the media conference including Bollywood actor Irfan Khan. While referring to reports in media that he was denied visa, Khan said the visa was delayed but not denied and this delay led to cancellation of the shoot in Pakistan. Instead Pune was chosen as the location for the shoot as the landscape resembled that of Karachi and Islamabad where Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl was beheaded. The movie was shot for five weeks at Pune before the crew came down to Mumbai to shoot the final sequence.
Angelina plays the wife of Daniel Pearl, an American journalist who was kidnapped and murdered in Pakistan in 2002. Co-actor Dan Futterman plays the reporter in the film, which is being produced by Brad Pitt. The film is an adaptation of the book by the same name written by Pearl's wife Mariane. It covers Daniel Pearl's reason for being in Karachi and the complete story of his kidnapping, the efforts to find him and his eventual murder. It is also the life - affirming story of the love between Daniel and his wife, which emerges from the tragedy of the abduction. Pearl lived in Mumbai for seven years before he went to Karachi and was murdered in 2002.
Angelina continues shoot in Mumbai
Titanic is Sailing...