TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The War In The CBI Is Not Between Individuals, But Between Two Groups: K Ragothaman
- Xiaomi Launches Flagship Mi 8 Pro In Taiwan
- 7 Interesting Facts About Lucknow Every Traveller Must Be Aware Of
- Multani Mitti Hacks To Acne That You Should Try Right Now!
- Kalki Koechlin On #MeToo India Movement: There Will Be Collateral Damage, But It's Necessary
- New Hyundai Santro 2018 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 3.89 Lakh
- India Vs West Indies, 2nd ODI: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing
- Apprenticeship Offered Through South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2018, 1785 Vacancies Available
Tuesday, November 14,
Mumbai (UNI): The passengers of the second class compartment of a Churchgate bound suburban train were today pleasantly surprised to see Hollywood heart throb Angelina Jolie shooting for A Mighty Heart, a film based on the life of slain journalist Daniel Pearl. The actress wearing a green T-Shirt and khaki trousers and co-star Dan Futterman bought tickets for the train journey and shot few scenes on the moving train. Passengers, eager to catch a glimpse of the Hollywood beauty, were kept at bay by her bodyguards.
Jolie plays the wife of Daniel Pearl, an American journalist who was kidnapped and murdered in Pakistan in 2002, in the film A Mighty Heart. Futterman plays the reporter in the film. The late journalist lived in Mumbai for seven years before he went to Karachi for an assignment where he was killed.
The Charni Road-Churchgate section where Jolie shot for her film is situated on the Western line of the suburban railway network which is Mumbai's lifeline and used by more than six million commuters every day. The actress along with her family flew into Mumbai on Saturday and is staying at a five star hotel opposite the famous landmark of the Gateway of India in South Mumbai. Apart from the train sequences, Jolie and Futterman shot few scenes at Ballard Pier, Gateway of India and in a boat off the Gateway of India throughout the day.
Jolie and Brad Pitt along with Jolie's adopted kids Zahara and Maddox went sightseeing at the Gateway of India yesterday. On their arrival on Saturday, the couple visited a popular Mumbai restaurant where Pearl was often seen with his friends. The movie is based on an adaptation of Mariane Pearl's book, "A Mighty Heart: The Brave Life and Death of My Husband Danny Pearl."
Jolie travels by Western Railway