TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
By: Sunil Noronha
Film Actress Keira Knightley has seemed to have to run out of luck this year. So far, things seemed to have been going well. She had hits under her belt like Pirates of The Caribbean. Because of the success she has had, the actress has hiked her fees per movie upto a whopping three million pounds per movie. This year her run seems to have ended. At the Golden Globe Awards, she was nominated best actress but Rachel Weisz bagged the award for her role in The Constant Gardener. At the Bafta, she didn't get as much as a nomination. Her movie seemed to be put after The Constant Gardener before Pride And Prejudice. The Constant Gardener won ten nominations compared to Pride And Prejudice's six. Rachel was given the award for best actress at the Golden Globe Awards. Her success at both the Golden Globe Awards and the Bafta Awards will guarantee a place for her in the Oscar nomination list for the Best Actress Award. This may make her more costly to engage for a film now on.
Even otherwise, there were noticeable amounts of American Nominations in this year's Bafta Awards. The Awards are usually British movies biased.