TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chennai: Schools And Colleges Shut For 48 Hours After Heavy Rain Alert
- The Jio Effect: Telcos May Discontinue Free Incoming Call Facility
- Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh's Bengaluru Reception Pictures
- Mahindra Alturas G4 Review First Drive — The Benchmark For Future Mahindra SUVs?
- Want An Easy To Ace Yet The Most Eye-catching Airport Look? — Take Cues From Anushka Sharma
- All About The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
- 1st T20I: Australia Beats India By 4 Runs
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
By: Sunil Noronha
The Oscar nomination given to Brokeback Mountain has seemed to plummet it into the box office. The movie has eight nominations to its credit, being the most nominated film this year at the Oscars. It costed 14 million dollars to make the film and it has brought in more than that. There are hopes that it will go further on the basis its Oscar nominations. The total profit it has brought to its makers from North America alone is 36 million dollars. If all goes well, once winners are announced - if it makes a clean sweep - it can well cross a hundred million.
Also bringing the money in will be nominations to The Oscar equivalent awards in other foreign nations in the foreign film category where it has only recently been released. The movie tells of a gay relationship that it entwined with a twisting story that involves family and friends. It has already won awards in the Best Motion Picture Drama, Best Director and Best Screenplay in the Golden Globe Awards held in January this year. The cast of the movie comprises Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal and Michelle Williams. The director of the movie is Ang Lee. His other movies include Hulk, The Hire: Chosen and Ride with the Devil among others.