TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Record: IAF airlifts 463 tonnes of load
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Mumbai (UNI): The city-based Catholic Secular Forum (CSF) has threatened to go on ''fast unto death'' from May 12 if the Government fails to stop the release of ''anti-Christian movies'' -- 'The Da Vinci Code' and 'Tickle My Funny Bone'. CSF general secretary Joseph Dias here said thousands of Christians will assemble at Canossa Convent in Mahim Western suburb tomorrow to protest anti-Christian films and to demand special legislation against films and books hurting the religious sentiments of any community. He said if the Government does not take action to stall the release of the two movies, they will proceed on fast unto death from May 12.
Last week, the forum had filed a complaint with the Vakola police, while calling for initiation of criminal proceedings u/s 295 (A) of the IPC against Sony Pictures managing director Uday Singh (Sony is scheduled to release 'The Da Vinci Code', 'Tickle My Funny Bone' actor-producer-director Yogendra Konkar and Censor Board chaiperson Sharmila Tagore, holding them responsible for the proposed release of the two movies and sought their arrest ''for hurting religious sentiments.'' According to CSF, the two films have hurt the sentiments of not just the Christian community but also of other religions.