TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Is A History Changer, Name Changer, But Not A Game Changer — Mamata Banerjee
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Best Smartphones With 4000mAh And 5000mAh Battery Under Rs 10,000
- Deepika Padukone Invites Katrina And Ranbir To Her Wedding Reception
- Unbelievable Mysterious Stones Found On Earth
- A Beginners Guide On How To Invest In Mutual Funds In India
- Do You Know About This Hidden Hill Fort In Uttar Pradesh?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
By: Sunil Noronha
Friday, February 24, 2006
Sundance Film Festival pioneer Robert Redford said that the Film Festival was in the big league now, which he fears. The festival was begun keeping in mind the promotion of small time independent, low budget films. He was instigated to say this because of the presence of hotel heiress Paris Hilton. He said that off late, attenders at the festival have been of the high profile type. The fact that most of the high profile attenders have no connection to the films being screened has annoyed him. They only come to party and have a good time. The actual goal of the festival, contradictory to the status is attained now. He feels that things have gotten way out of control. Even though the thespian is against such "high profile" attendance, Paris Hilton has been a regular presence at the festival. The festival is now in it's twenty fifth year.
The veteran actor started the Sundance Institute in 1981 along with a number of colleagues and friends. They wanted to enhance the quality of the American film industry and they ended up establishing the Sundance Institute. The goal of the institute is to give the upcoming talent in the film industry a chance to grow and to display their prowess through the nation and the world. Its budget is 10.6 million dollars out of which 3.71 million is earned while the rest is raised through contributions. The Institute is situated in Sundance in the state of Utah. The Sundance Festival is held every year in three locations - Park City, Salt Lake City and Sundance. The entire institute is under a twenty-five member Board of Trustees that is presently headed by Mr. Walter Weusman.
The Doherty Drug Story...
James Bond breaks teeth during shoot