TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 Everything You Need To Know: 10 GB RAM, 5G Support And More
- Places That Will Drive You To Explore The Beauty Of Kilimanoor In Kerala
- Method Of Performing Ayudha Pooja
- Raj Thackeray Reacts To Tanushree Dutta's Allegations: Nana Is Indecent, But Can't Do Such A Thing
- BMW Unveils Their All-New X7 SUV — The First Seven-Seater BMW In History
- Danish Kaneria Admits Guilt After Six Years Of Denial In Essex Fixing Case
- Top 10 Unique Engineering Courses You Can Pursue
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Turistas is a terrific thriller story, mainly concentrating on a group of young adventurous travellers. They meet with a terrifible accident which results in their being wrecked on a remote deserted beach in South America without any signs of habitation. They move around the beach slowly, keenly, discovering the places and things around the beaches and the nearby Brazilian jungle which contain great secrets.
The film is taken in Brazil, in sandy beaches, jungles and also open spaces. For Alex (Josh Duhamel), his sister Bea (Olivia Wilde) and Bea's best friend Amy (Beau Garrett), this is the first time they are going abroad; they have come to Brazil just for fun without any purpose. They enjoy the adventures and also avail the pleasures of a jaunt to an exotic location, a tropical paradise. When the bus travels up the mountain road, they meet the beautiful Pru (Melissa George).
After the incident of the bus crash, Alex, Bea and their band of travelling companions are left in the open wilderness; they look for a cabana bar on a nearby beach and for a place where they can catch the next bus. This changes their fates forever.
The discovery of the beautiful beach gives them a chance to enjoy the sun during the day, drink and dance during the afternoon and night, they spend the time in dancing with locals and enjoying exotic liquors. But this lasts for only one night. From the next morning, they all face many unspoken and hidden dangers against which they can hope to win only by using their team spirit, wits and strengths.
They travel with the Brazilians, meet and overcome many dangers; they move across and escape from the locals and move to the jungle. Here, they fight against the human trappers and struggle to save their very lives. The unique thing to be noted about this movie is that this is the first American film which was shot fully in Brazil.
Director : John Stockwell.
Producer : Fox Atomic.
Cast : Melissa George, Josh Duhamel, Olivia Wilde, Desmond Askew, Beau Garrett directed by John Stockwell more.
Genre : Thriller.