- Jessica Alba Believes She Is Not A Perfect Parent
- Jessica Alba Wants To Do Movies That Are Fun To Shoot
- Jessica Alba Doesn't Like Getting Tattooed Anymore
- National Bikini Day: Hottest Celebs Flaunt Their Bikini Body
- Forbes' Richest Self-Made Women In America: Oprah, Beyonce, Madonna In List
- Bad Blood Music Video: Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Cindy Crawford & More...
"Most guys, especially when they're younger, really are only after one thing. To all the girls out there, I don't want to say, 'Don't give your heart to somebody like that,' But wait at least a good year," People quoted her, as telling the mag. "You can be in a relationship and do some things, have fun, get to know each other – but don't give them everything," she added.
Addressing the issue more seriously, the 26-year-old actress cited her own example, saying that she also committed the same mistake as a youngster.
"That was something I did at a young age, fell in love and gave him my everything, and I was left with nothing," she said. "It took me a long time to put myself back together, and I wish someone would have told me back them to hang on to some of myself," she added. Alba recently confirmed reports of her engagement to long-time beau Cash Warren.