- Sienna Miller's Daughter Marlowe Obsessed With Pink Dresses
- Cannes Film Festival 2015 Red Carpet Live: Karlie, Doutzen, Katrina, Naomi Pics
- Cannes 2015: Celebrities Arrive At The French Riviera For Opening Ceremony
- Hollywood's Worst Kissers: Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Cruise, DiCaprio, Angelina Jolie...
- 'Foxcatcher' To Hit Indian Theaters In January 2015
- Sienna Miller, Tom Sturridge Played Cupid For Pattinson & FKA Twigs
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Washington (ANI): Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie has been nominated for the Independent Spirit Award for her role in the 2007 film A Mighty Heart. The movie was co-produced by Brad Pitt and was based on the life of slain American journalist Daniel Pearl.
Dawn Hudson of Film Independent, which gives the awards, after the announcement said it was an achievement for the 32-year-old actress to be so much in the role of Pearl's wife, Mariane. "She could make any film she wants. It's a feat for such a movie star to be so much in that role," People quoted Hudson, as saying.
Jolie's competition includes Sienna Miller for Interview, Ellen Page for Juno, Parker Posey for Broken English, and Tang Wei for Lust Caution. Other nominees included Cate Blanchett for I'm Not There, Don Cheadle for Talk to Me and Philip Seymour Hoffman for The Savages. Zach Braff and Lisa Kudrow, both past nominees of Spirit Awards announced this year's nominees.