»   »   » Anna Nicole died of drug overdose

Anna Nicole died of drug overdose

Subscribe to Filmibeat

Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental drug overdose. Broward County, Florida, medical examiner Joshua Perper and Charlie Tiger, the Seminole Police Chief, delivered the verdict of the Playboy model's autopsy at a press conference in Florida yesterday.

Perper concluded that Anna Nicole died of "combined drug intoxication" after taking a concoction of the sleeping medication chloral hydrate and at least eight other prescription drugs, including methadone and Valium, used to treat depression, pain and anxiety.

Tiger said: "We are convinced that this case is the result of an accidental overdose, with no other criminal elements present."

Anna Nicole who died a little after she was found unconcious in a Florida hotel room on February 8th was 39. Her death came just five months after her 20-year-old son Daniel suddenly died under suspicious circumstances in the Bahamas.

Perper's initial autopsy ruled out "any kind of physical injuries, such as blunt-forced trauma, gunshot wound, stab wounds or asphyxia" as a cause of death, but added he "saw something that looked a little bit unusual" in Anna Nicole's heart. He also revealed that prescription drugs, but no illegal drugs were found in her hotel room.

Last month, he was forced to postpone his verdict after police provided him with additional evidence, which has now been revealed to be two computers belonging to Anna Nicole and her lover and lawyer Howard K. Stern. An inquest into Daniel's death is scheduled to start on Tuesday (27.03.07) in the Bahamas.

Recent Stories
Hilary Swank Hospitalised
Kate Beckinsale reveals a secret!


Please Wait while comments are loading...

Hollywood Photos