TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 confirmed to have 10GB RAM and 5G support
- Thrilling Activities To Do In Bangalore
- 7 Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 20 Years Celebrations! View Pictures
- KTM 125 Duke Bookings Open In India — Launch Soon
- Top 6 Government Jobs 2018 On Oct 17
By: Shekhar H Hooli
Friday, November 16, 2007
LA Galaxy player former England captain David Beckham signs a three year new endorsement deal with Giorgio Armani. He will front a new campaign for Emporio Armani underwear. The 32 year old appears on billboards and in fashion magazines to promote 'Emporio SS08" beginning in January. This three-year contract will bring David an annual fee Rs 162.5 crore ($20 million) plus royalties.
This is the second time Beckham and Armani joining their hands to work together. For the first time, the Italian designer had created uniforms for the England football team's wardrobe in 2002. According to the sources close to the deal "The personal relationship was definitely instrumental in this deal."
Beckham is the second football player to sign an underwear modelling deal, with West Ham's Freddie Ljungberg being the pin-up boy for Calvin Klein. Beckham still has deals running with Adidas, Pepsi, Motorola and perfume maker Coty. According to the sources, this new deal will enable both David and Giorgio to get on very well.