TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
By: Shekhar H Hooli
Friday, November 16, 2007
LA Galaxy player former England captain David Beckham signs a three year new endorsement deal with Giorgio Armani. He will front a new campaign for Emporio Armani underwear. The 32 year old appears on billboards and in fashion magazines to promote 'Emporio SS08" beginning in January. This three-year contract will bring David an annual fee Rs 162.5 crore ($20 million) plus royalties.
This is the second time Beckham and Armani joining their hands to work together. For the first time, the Italian designer had created uniforms for the England football team's wardrobe in 2002. According to the sources close to the deal "The personal relationship was definitely instrumental in this deal."
Beckham is the second football player to sign an underwear modelling deal, with West Ham's Freddie Ljungberg being the pin-up boy for Calvin Klein. Beckham still has deals running with Adidas, Pepsi, Motorola and perfume maker Coty. According to the sources, this new deal will enable both David and Giorgio to get on very well.