TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Temple Row: Hindu Aikya Vedi Leader KP Sasikala Reaches The Hilltop Shrine
- How To Send Large Files Via Email
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Lux Golden Rose Awards: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Looks Like A Bombshell
- Meet Lulu Hashimoto, The “Living Doll” Fashion Model
- Rupee Loses Ground After Opening Flat
- Travel Guide To Abhaneri – The City Of Brightness
- "The Indian Team Is Ready To Leave Their Mark In Australia", Says Rohit Sharma
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Ben Affleck's new film Smokin Aces' made him quit smoking. The actor plays chain-smoking bondsman Jack Dupree in the new action film and admits the amount of cigarettes he had to puff on for the role have put him off nicotine for good. He told People magazine: "The whole week that I shot, I smoked, like, five packs a day. By the time the movie was over, I was so sick of smoking, I just didn't want to do it anymore, and I quit." Affleck, 34, is delighted he has a permanent record of the last time he smoked. He added: "It's pretty cool that I have this celluloid record of the last time I smoked." Affleck has also revealed that his actress wife Jennifer Garner broke the news to him that he had been nominated for a Golden Globe award while directing him to a dirty nappy.
The actor - who has a one-year-old daughter Violet with Garner - said: "I was very happy. My wife was up early with our child and woke me up to tell me I'd been nominated - and to get me to change the baby." Affleck eventually lost out in the Best Performance by an Actor In A Supporting Role category to Eddie Murphy who walked away with the prize at last month's ceremony for his performance in 'Dreamgirls'.
Kylie Minogue splits with boyfriend
Heather Mills dropped from PETA