TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Friday, November 16, 2007
London (ANI): James Bond films" headquarters, Pinewood Studios, is set to undergo a massive 200 million pounds revamp. The new studio will not only add 100-acres to the existing one thereby doubling its size, but will also have several permanent back drops, as well as homes for more that 2,000 staff members.
The studio, after the revamp, will be home to an Italian lakeside, a castle and street scenes from London, Paris and New York. Ivan Dunleavy, chief exec of company Pinewood Shepp-erton, said that the plan would give a huge boost to the UK movie industry as it will mean reducing the costs incurred by having to go overseas to film.
“We"ll create a unique environment reducing cost and timing delays from going overseas to film," The Sun quoted him, as saying. 'Gladiator" director Sir Ridley Scott hailed the new development, giving it his full support. “This is a unique opportunity," he said.