TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election Results 2018 Updates: The Numbers At This Hour And Its Still Not Final
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition India Launch — Catch The Live Stream Here
- Markets Trade Higher Post State Election Results
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- Sonakshi Sinha's Red Dress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Friday, November 16, 2007
London (ANI): James Bond films" headquarters, Pinewood Studios, is set to undergo a massive 200 million pounds revamp. The new studio will not only add 100-acres to the existing one thereby doubling its size, but will also have several permanent back drops, as well as homes for more that 2,000 staff members.
The studio, after the revamp, will be home to an Italian lakeside, a castle and street scenes from London, Paris and New York. Ivan Dunleavy, chief exec of company Pinewood Shepp-erton, said that the plan would give a huge boost to the UK movie industry as it will mean reducing the costs incurred by having to go overseas to film.
“We"ll create a unique environment reducing cost and timing delays from going overseas to film," The Sun quoted him, as saying. 'Gladiator" director Sir Ridley Scott hailed the new development, giving it his full support. “This is a unique opportunity," he said.