- Red Hot Chili Peppers reveal their album artwork
- INSIDE DETAILS: What Happened When Shahrukh Khan & Brad Pitt Shared A Stage Together?
- Brad Pitt Says Too Much Boozing Became A Problem For Him
- Did Angelina Hint At Reunion? Says 'We Are A Family And We Will Always Be A Family'
- Brad Pitt Undergoing Plastic Surgery To Deal With Divorce
- Marion Cotillard Opens Up About Her Steamy Scene With Brad Pitt In Allied
Saturday, October 13, 2007
London (ANI): Brad Pitt and partner Angelina Jolie have shelved out a whopping 1 million pounds on art by British "guerrilla artist" Banksy. The couple picked up the artist"s work at a contemporary art auction in London at The Shadow Lounge organised by photographer-turned-gallerist Steve Lazarides. The auction also saw worth an estimated 10 million by artists including Damien Hirst go under the hammer.
Lazarides said that the idea of the auction was to 'inject a little anarchy back" into buying art. "The idea is to inject a little anarchy back on the staid, serious business of buying art," the Daily Mail quoted him, as saying. "There is a whole new set of buyers. Whether they're rag trade, City boys or celebrities, they tend to be under 45."They've got money and they don't particularly want to spend it on a Picasso - they want to buy something that relates to their lives, their time and their culture."