TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Saturday, October 13, 2007
London (ANI): Brad Pitt and partner Angelina Jolie have shelved out a whopping 1 million pounds on art by British "guerrilla artist" Banksy. The couple picked up the artist"s work at a contemporary art auction in London at The Shadow Lounge organised by photographer-turned-gallerist Steve Lazarides. The auction also saw worth an estimated 10 million by artists including Damien Hirst go under the hammer.
Lazarides said that the idea of the auction was to 'inject a little anarchy back" into buying art. "The idea is to inject a little anarchy back on the staid, serious business of buying art," the Daily Mail quoted him, as saying. "There is a whole new set of buyers. Whether they're rag trade, City boys or celebrities, they tend to be under 45."They've got money and they don't particularly want to spend it on a Picasso - they want to buy something that relates to their lives, their time and their culture."