- I Wanted Bond To Get More Gritty And Real Says Pierce Brosnan
- I Don't Look At The Cup As Half Full Says Pierce Brosnan
- Pierce Brosnan Was Sick For A Week After Eating Rat
- Pierce Brosnan Distressed By Indian Pan Masala Brand Advertisement
- Pierce Brosnan returns to small screen
- Samantha Bond vows never to strip on screen
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Washington (ANI): Actor Pierce Brosnan is set to reprise his role in the upcoming sequel to the Thomas Crown Affair. Tentatively titled The Thomas Crown Affair 2 the MGM project will be directed by Dutch director Paul Verhoeven. The film is based on the 1964 movie Topkapi and the novel "The Light of Day" by Eric Ambler.
Brosnan will return as Thomas Crown, the world's most debonair thief and corporate raider, but Renee Russo will not feature as his love interest, reports Variety. Instead, the follow-up to the 1999 film, which was a remake of a 1968 Steve McQueen-Faye Dunaway starrer, will feature a character named Nadia Badri as the new female lead. No one has been cast for the role as yet.
Set in Europe and the Middle East, the story follows Crown, a self-made billionaire, as he becomes entangled in a centuries-old feud and must decide how much he's willing to risk for love. Brosnan is producing alongside Beau St. Clair and Dino Conte. The film is set to begin shooting in January.