TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
New York (ANI): Hollywood star Catherine Zeta-Jones will not be a part of 'Nine' anymore, allegedly because the film's director Rob Marshall has not agreed to the actress' demand of making her role meatier in the flick. The 38-year-old was supposed to play Claudia, the alluring muse of skirt-chasing director Guido Contini in the latest incarnation of Federico Fellini's 1963 classic, "8'." A source revealed that Zeta-Jones asked the writer of the film to enlarge her part.
"Catherine asked if [writer] Michael Tolkin could enlarge her part," New York Daily News quoted a source, as saying. Source said that the 'Chicago' star hoped that Marshall would make Claudia a little more prominent than she'd been in Fellini's movie and on Broadway. However, the source added that Marshall has said to have politely told her the script couldn't be changed so dramatically. "It's an ensemble story. It always has been," the source said.
< A pal of Zeta-Jones argued: "She was never 100% committed to 'Nine.' She had a meeting with Rob. She'd love to work with him again. But she felt she'd done the same sort of role in 'Chicago.' The script wasn't an issue." The cast of the film includes- Javier Bardem as Guido, Sophia Loren as Guido's mother, Penelope Cruz as his mistress Carla, and Marion Cotillard as Luisa Contini.