TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
New York (ANI): Hollywood star Catherine Zeta-Jones will not be a part of 'Nine' anymore, allegedly because the film's director Rob Marshall has not agreed to the actress' demand of making her role meatier in the flick. The 38-year-old was supposed to play Claudia, the alluring muse of skirt-chasing director Guido Contini in the latest incarnation of Federico Fellini's 1963 classic, "8'." A source revealed that Zeta-Jones asked the writer of the film to enlarge her part.
"Catherine asked if [writer] Michael Tolkin could enlarge her part," New York Daily News quoted a source, as saying. Source said that the 'Chicago' star hoped that Marshall would make Claudia a little more prominent than she'd been in Fellini's movie and on Broadway. However, the source added that Marshall has said to have politely told her the script couldn't be changed so dramatically. "It's an ensemble story. It always has been," the source said.
< A pal of Zeta-Jones argued: "She was never 100% committed to 'Nine.' She had a meeting with Rob. She'd love to work with him again. But she felt she'd done the same sort of role in 'Chicago.' The script wasn't an issue." The cast of the film includes- Javier Bardem as Guido, Sophia Loren as Guido's mother, Penelope Cruz as his mistress Carla, and Marion Cotillard as Luisa Contini.