TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The War In The CBI Is Not Between Individuals, But Between Two Groups: K Ragothaman
- Xiaomi Launches Flagship Mi 8 Pro In Taiwan
- 7 Interesting Facts About Lucknow Every Traveller Must Be Aware Of
- Multani Mitti Hacks To Acne That You Should Try Right Now!
- Kalki Koechlin On #MeToo India Movement: There Will Be Collateral Damage, But It's Necessary
- New Hyundai Santro 2018 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 3.89 Lakh
- India Vs West Indies, 2nd ODI: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing
- Apprenticeship Offered Through South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2018, 1785 Vacancies Available
Now, a book authored by Chris Karsten, in Theron"s native South Africa has unearthed her witness statement to the police. It so happened that dad Charles and his brother Danie had returned to the family farm near Johannesburg after rowing with mum Gerda earlier that night.
“Someone hammered on the kitchen door. I told my mom that it was my dad," The Sun quoted Theron, as stating in her statement. “My father said he would shoot us both dead with his shotgun. My mom said she was afraid he would kill us. The next moment I heard a number of shots. Then I heard her screaming," she said.
“When I went into the passage, I saw my father"s brother standing. My mom was sitting in a corner of the bedroom. “My mother wept and said, 'Charlize, I"ve shot them". Then I saw the body of my father," she added. Charles" sister Elsa Malan told Karsten that she later found Charlize under a blanket and alcoholic Charles dying. However, Gerda was never prosecuted over the shooting.