- DON'T MISS! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Old Slam Book Messages About Love & Embarrassing Moments!
- Sequel of The Dark Night to hit screens in 2012
- Katie Holmes says her daughter is 'magical'
- Katie Holmes on So You Think You Can Dance finale
- Bale lashes out at Terminator Salvation crew
- The Dark Knight has 16 bloopers
Friday, March 02, 2007
Christian Bale won't let his career stop him being a good father. The Batman Begins star is famous for his intense style of method acting is prepared to give up his unique techniques for his daughter, whose name he has never publicly divulged. Bale - who lost masses of weight and lived on cigarettes and whiskey to play a starving insomniac in The Machinist - told America's GQ magazine: "I can't expect my daughter to understand if I've isolated myself during a movie, so I won't do that anymore. I still will with other people, but not with her. So in no way am I ever going to have her being confused about me, my presence or absence or whatever. That has to change. And I've been able to do that."
Surprisingly, the 33-year-old star has also revealed he enjoyed starving himself for his role in The Machinist, because he revelled in the challenge. He said: "Sometimes you want to torture yourself a little bit and know that you can come out on the other side. There's just such a satisfaction in doing one thing well in a hard-core fashion."