TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Friday, March 02, 2007
Christian Bale won't let his career stop him being a good father. The Batman Begins star is famous for his intense style of method acting is prepared to give up his unique techniques for his daughter, whose name he has never publicly divulged. Bale - who lost masses of weight and lived on cigarettes and whiskey to play a starving insomniac in The Machinist - told America's GQ magazine: "I can't expect my daughter to understand if I've isolated myself during a movie, so I won't do that anymore. I still will with other people, but not with her. So in no way am I ever going to have her being confused about me, my presence or absence or whatever. That has to change. And I've been able to do that."
Surprisingly, the 33-year-old star has also revealed he enjoyed starving himself for his role in The Machinist, because he revelled in the challenge. He said: "Sometimes you want to torture yourself a little bit and know that you can come out on the other side. There's just such a satisfaction in doing one thing well in a hard-core fashion."