- Emma Watson Gushes On Working With Darren In Noah
- Man of Steel collection going strong at US Box Office
- Man of Steel (MOS) - Movie Review: Sturdy and emotional
- Taylor Swift, Lea Michele, Scarlett Johansson in race for Les Miserables
- Oprah Winfrey sails with Russell Crowe in Australian waters
- Ayelet Zurer's the new mother of Superman
Monday, November 19, 2007
Washington (ANI): Oscar winning actor Russel Crowe is confident that Sir Ridley Scott will win an Academy Award for his new movie American Gangster. The crime thriller pic stars Russel Crowe alongside Denzel Washington. Crowe revealed that he was hoping that Scott, who has never won an Academy Award, will pick up an Oscar this time.
"If there's any director I know who deserves an Oscar, it's Ridley Scott," Contactmusic quoted Crowe, as saying. "He is one of the greatest visual artists of our time and deserving of any honour that comes his way," he added. Meanwhile Crowe has revealed that he once desired to be a part of an episode of the hit TV series 'Sex and The City'- to wow his wife.
The Gladiator star admitted that his wife Danielle Spencer was a big fan of the series before it ended in 2005, and so in order to surprise his wife the 43-year old actor yearned for a guest appearance in the show. "It would have been fun to have a turn on an episode where she (Spencer) wasn't expecting to see me," he said.