- Emma Watson Gushes On Working With Darren In Noah
- Man of Steel collection going strong at US Box Office
- Man of Steel (MOS) - Movie Review: Sturdy and emotional
- Taylor Swift, Lea Michele, Scarlett Johansson in race for Les Miserables
- Oprah Winfrey sails with Russell Crowe in Australian waters
- Ayelet Zurer's the new mother of Superman
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Washington (ANI): Oscar-winning actor Russell Crowe is extremely excited about his role in Ridley Scott"s forthcoming Robin Hood epic – because he has been an ardent admirer of the tales since childhood. The Gladiator actor will play the Sheriff of Nottingham and expects the movie to be serving a big budget and create history.
“We'll have a look at the Hollywood mythology and how much of that is embedded in the psyche of people when they think of Robin Hood," Contactmusic quoted him, as saying. “Richard the Lionheart won't be bounding up in the last scene and saving the day. Richard was a bloke who only spoke French. And who only spent six months of his 10-year reign in England," he added.
Meanwhile, Crowe has vowed not to encourage his kids to get into the acting world because he knows the pitfalls of the profession. I'm there for whatever they want to do, but I certainly know the pitfalls of this business so I won't be encouraging them," he said.