TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Dame Judi Dench is so certain she will leave the Oscars empty handed, she has opted to watch the Hollywood ceremony from a hospital bed. The 72-year-old actress - who is up for the Best Actress award for her role in 'Notes on a Scandal' - will not be attending the prestigious event on February 25 because she is due to go into hospital for a knee operation. She said at the Berlin Film Festival: "The thing about the Oscars, it's strange because in the theatre you would say, 'Break a leg'. "I can't because I'm to have a knee operation. I can't go to the awards. I'm going to have my leg broken and put back together. I will watch and cheer from my bed." Judi faces stiff competition in her category from fellow dame, Helen Mirren, who has been nominated for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in 'The Queen'. Judi said: "Don't put any money on me because you'll lose." This is Judi's sixth Oscar nomination. She previously took home the Best Actress statue in 1998, for her performance in 'Shakespeare In Love'.
Naomi Campbell against size zero trend
Jessica Biel's link to Justin Timberlake