TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe insists that reports which claimed that he was drinking alcohol while watching the Lord Test between India and England on July 23 are unfounded. The actor, who turned 18 on that day, claims that he had not begun celebrating his adulthood until much later.
His publicist Vanessa Davies has said in a statement that the actor did not consume liquor at the cricket ground. "He was absolutely not drinking Fosters or any other lager (at the cricket ground)," Contactmusic quoted the statement as saying.
The website also reports that after watching the match, the young actor made his way to a private members' club in the trendy Soho area of London, where he partied into the early hours with friends. His parents, Alan and Marcia, were watching over the celebrations.
Radcliff's publicist claimed that being 18, the legal drinking age in Britain, the actor was free to decide whether he should drink at a private function or not. "The question as to whether Daniel was or wasn't drinking alcohol at his birthday party last night, I am not willing to discuss. Daniel is now 18 and the question of whether he chooses to consume alcohol at a private function or not is completely up to him," Vanessa said.