TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Motorola One Power Review — A Decent Mid-Tier Smartphone
- Kerala's Beachside Of Vatakara Is Simply Mesmerising
- Are You A Foodie? — If Yes, Check Out The Oldest Food Items Eaten Around The World
- Lata Mangeshkar On #MeToo —
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Stuart Law suspended for 2 ODIs
- BNP Recruitment 2018
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
London (ANI): Oscar winning actress Emma Thompson will play a prostitutes role in a shocking viral video on sex trafficking. The actress portrays a prostitute, who is trafficked into the country and forced to sleep with around 40 men per day, in a bid to underline the plight of thousands of women. The video depicts the unfortunate fate of an estimated 4,000 women and girls trafficked into the UK each year and forced into prostitution.
The video is an honest endeavor to pressure the Government into approving the Council of Europe Convention on Action against Trafficking in human beings, which would protect victims. The campaign is being backed by the Body Shop in honour of Dame Anita Roddick, who died last month.
The shop is working with the Helen Bamber Foundation, an organization which looks after survivors of genocide, torture, trafficking and rape. “The horror of human trafficking is a subject that my mother and I discussed often over recent years, as it was an area close to my mother"s heart," The Sun quoted Roddick"s daughter, Sam, as saying. “There"s nothing that makes me happier than to see The Body Shop taking on this campaign," she added.
The campaign will raise funds for the foundation by selling a set of six postcards of artworks illustrating the 'journey" of a trafficked woman. Thompson and Sam Roddick are also expected to deliver a petition to the Government in November to take action against trafficking.