TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
The Vatican daily blasted director Chris Weitz"s adaptation, saying that 'honest" viewers 'gifted with a critical spirit" will find the movie 'devoid of any particular emotion apart from a great chill." “In Pullman"s world, hope simply does not exist, because there is no salvation but only personal, individualistic capacity to control the situation and dominate events," Variety quoted the newspaper, as stating.
The Vatican in its long editorial further slammed Pullman, a well known British atheist whose books have ruffled the feathers of the U.S.-based Catholic League, which has also called for a boycott of the pic. The newspaper also stated that since the film has received lukewarm response, they are hoping that the feedback would force New Line to cancel plans to shoot the remainder of the trilogy. “If that should happen, it wouldn"t be a big loss," the newspaper stated.