TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Halle Berry lived in a homeless shelter when she first left home. The Oscar-winning actress has revealed her mother refused to support her when she ran out of money aged 21 - leaving her homeless. Halle, 40, told Reader's Digest magazine: "But a girl had to do what a girl had to do. You can do that when you're 21 and ambitious and your eyes are this big and you don't want to go home. I became a person who knows that I will always make my own way. When I moved to Chicago, she drove me there, but I don't think she ever thought it would pan out. After a month or two, I ran out of money and called her.
She added "I said, 'Mom, I hate to ask you this, but could you send me some money? I just have rent money, I can't eat this week.' And she said no. She said, 'I'm not going to start this calling home asking mom for money. No, figure it out or come home.' I was so mad. I didn't speak to her for a year-and-a-half." The Perfect Stranger star has forgiven her mother and believes the experience made her stronger. She said: "I'm actually grateful she did that, because it taught me how to take care of myself and that I could live through any situation, even if it meant going to a shelter for a small stint, or living within my means, which were meagre."
Meanwhile, friends of Halle claim her boyfriend, model Gabriel Aubry, is about to propose. A source told the New York Post newspaper: "They've moved in together in Los Angeles, and although they have separate residences in New York, they always stay in the same place and are together constantly. "I wouldn't be shocked if Aubry proposed soon."
Lindsay's dad into Reality TV
Brad Pitt's old fling speaks up