- Ben Stiller's movie tops weekend box office
- Daniel Craig Hints At Returning Back As 007 In Next Film
- Daniel Craig Offered 1000 Crores To Reprise James Bond Role
- Daniel Craig Likely To Return As 007, Producers May Convince Him
- Find Out All About The Famous Hollywood Celebrity Feuds Here!
- Prince William, Kate Middleton & Prince Harry At The Premiere Of 'Spectre' In London
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
London, (ANI): 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" has scooped three gongs at ITV's first National Movie Awards. Daniel Radcliffe won the best male performance award and Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger, was named the best female performer.
Calling the award 'totally unexpected", the actor said that he was amazed and thrilled. “I can honestly, honestly say I didn't. I didn't dare to dream. I'm absolutely amazed and thrilled," the BBC quoted Radcliffe, as saying.
Casino Royale, the latest Bond flick starring Daniel Craig, was named the best action and adventure movie, and scooped up the special recognition award at the event. The movie's producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson accepted the honour. "It's great to be voted for by the public," Wilson said. However he refused to divulge any news about the next Bond film that is being planned. "You'll just have to come and see it," he said.
Hot Fuzz, starring Simon Pegg and Martin Freeman, beat favourite 'Borat", 'Night at the Museum" and 'Mr Bean's Holiday" to win the best comedy title. "It's a complete joy. We were nervous and you always kind of hope, you pretend you don't care, but you do really," Pegg said. "You get called out and it's wonderful, a real treat and I hope this goes on and on and we win more and more in the future."
The Simpsons Movie beat rivals Shrek the Third, Happy Feet and Flushed Away to best animation.
Dame Helen Mirren, who gave away an award, said she was happy not to have been nominated.
"Absolutely thrilled. It's always better to give than to receive," she said. "I was frightened if I got nominated for anything else I'd actually be stabbed leaving the venue," she added.
The event was attended by Christian Slater, Mischa Barton, Jamie Foxx and Dame Judi Dench. The top awards at ITV's first National Movie Awards are as follows:
- Best Male performer- Daniel Radcliffe
- Best Female performer- Emma Watson
- Best Family move- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Best Animated film- The Simpsons Movie
- Best Comedy film- Hot Fuzz