- Will Steven Speilberg helm Gods and Kings?
- Get ready for English movies, now in Hindi and Telugu
- Steven Spielberg to direct Gods and Kings?
- Beyonce Knowles' pregnancy may postpone 'A Star Is Born' shoot
- Robert Downey Jr., his wife to produce USS Indianapolis film
- David Yates, Steve Kloves to work together for The Stand
Monday, November 12, 2007
Washington (ANI): The publication of a Harry Potter encyclopaedia has been postponed after author JK Rowling sued the book"s publisher Roger Rapoport. The Harry Potter Lexicon volume, which is based on material from an Internet fan site of the same name, will be delayed until a New York judge rules on whether it is a violation of the author's intellectual property rights, or the copyright on her novels held by Warner Bros.
The book was due for publication later this month but was barred after Rowling filed a lawsuit against the publishers last month. The New York judge has issued an order banning completion, distribution, marketing or advance sales of the book indefinitely."I think they should drop it. I'm hopeful that they will," Contactmusic quoted Rowling, as saying.
Rowling has however insisted that she is disappointed by the whole situation. "On the contrary, I feel massively disappointed that this matter had to come to court at all. Given my past good relations with the Lexicon fan site, I can only feel sad and disillusioned that this is where we have ended up," she said.