TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nagrota Attack: Free Run For Terrorists
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- Launch Alert: Huawei Mate 20 Pro To Launch On 27th November
- Deepika And Ranveer Bangalore Reception: All You Need To Know!
- F1 Raceweek: Alonso Farewell Looms
- Typhus - Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Heather Mills is set to appear on US TV talent show 'Dancing With The Stars'. Heather, who had her left leg amputated below the knee after being hit by a motorbike in 1993, will be learning to salsa and cha-cha later this year and plans to donate her appearance fee to animal charity Viva. A source told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "Some may think this is a surprising way for Heather to raise her profile in the US but she has never been stifled by her disability. "She is a great skier and a superb dancer."
The 39-year-old former model has always promoted an active life for amputees and memorably removed her prosthetic leg before showing it to talk show host Larry King during an interview in 2002. The source added: "Heather is keen to build a TV career in the US. The fact she apparently feels she can do the show despite her false leg is bound to create sympathy and headlines." Meanwhile, her estranged husband Sir Paul McCartney is also set to appear on a hit US TV show. The Beatles legend has reportedly been approached by 'American Idol' bosses to appear as a guest judge on the talent show. Last week, it was reported Paul had offered Heather a £25 million divorce settlement.
The 64-year-old - worth an estimated £825 million - is said to have instructed lawyers to make the offer in a bid to avoid a public court battle.
Cameron Diaz consoled by friend after the split
Anna Nicole Dies After Breast Operation