TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
"I'd won a Golden Globe many years ago and I'd just arrived from England and had my funky little English outfit on - I thought I looked pretty cool. Black suit, black boots and black feathery hat. I thought, 'Well, I look OK,'" Contactmusic quoted her, as saying.
"Anyway, about four weeks later, I'm in Los Angeles at home watching telly and there's Joan Rivers and she's doing the Golden Globes thing that I was in. So my heart beating, I started watching it thinking, 'I think this is a mistake, Helen. I have a feeling you shouldn't be watching this.'
“I couldn't resist. What were they going to say about me? "They (Rivers and her colleagues) all said, 'so who was the worst dressed?' 'Well, Helen Mirren.' And Joan said, 'My God, this is a first. We have never all agreed on the person who's worst dressed.'
"And I'm watching this on the telly, and Joan turns and looks at the screen and says, 'Helen, get your act together. You've got to start dressing better.' It was like the TV was talking at me. I cried," she added.