TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
"I'd won a Golden Globe many years ago and I'd just arrived from England and had my funky little English outfit on - I thought I looked pretty cool. Black suit, black boots and black feathery hat. I thought, 'Well, I look OK,'" Contactmusic quoted her, as saying.
"Anyway, about four weeks later, I'm in Los Angeles at home watching telly and there's Joan Rivers and she's doing the Golden Globes thing that I was in. So my heart beating, I started watching it thinking, 'I think this is a mistake, Helen. I have a feeling you shouldn't be watching this.'
“I couldn't resist. What were they going to say about me? "They (Rivers and her colleagues) all said, 'so who was the worst dressed?' 'Well, Helen Mirren.' And Joan said, 'My God, this is a first. We have never all agreed on the person who's worst dressed.'
"And I'm watching this on the telly, and Joan turns and looks at the screen and says, 'Helen, get your act together. You've got to start dressing better.' It was like the TV was talking at me. I cried," she added.