TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
Thursday, October 18, 2007
London (ANI): She"s starred as two British monarchs, but now actress Helen Mirren is ditching her royal robes to star as a prostitute in a new movie. The Oscar winner will be playing a madam in hubby Taylor Hackford"s new movie Love Ranch. The signing will see the off-screen couple team up for the big screen for the first time in more than 20 years. Mirren will be playing Sally, the wife Joe Conforte, who opened the first legalised brothel in the US state of Nevada during the Seventies.
Joe Pesci will be starring as Conforte in the real-life story. Hackford admits that he"s extremely excited about working with Mirren again. “I"ve developed this project for a long time and one of the things that excited me most was the chance to work again with my wife," The Daily Express quoted him, as saying. He also reveals that he literally had to beg Mirren to get her to agree to the part. “I had to beg! She"s a very busy girl. She wouldn"t agree unless it was a great role – and this is a great role," he said. The couple got together after meeting on the set of Hackford"s 'White Nights", in 1985 in which Mirren played the old flame of a Soviet dancer.