TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Monday, November 05, 2007
New York (ANI): Actress Katie Holmes stunned runners at the New York Marathon on Nov 4 when she unexpectedly joined them enroute. The actress hit the pavement in disguise for most of the arduous 26 miles of the marathon, until hubby Tom Cruise planted a kiss on her. Cruise, holding the couple's daughter Suri in his arms, insisted on a kiss as his wife hit the final stretch of the marathon in Central Park.
The Batman Begins star completed the marathon with a final time of five hours, 29 minutes and 58 seconds. "I'm good, but I'm feeling very tired," the New York Daily News quoted Holmes, as telling People.
The 26.2-mile course travels through all five boroughs of the city, starting on Staten Island and finishing in Manhattan's Central Park. This year, 39,085 runners started the race. Holmes wasn't the only celebrity taking part in the 2007 New York Marathon. Former cyclist Lance Armstrong joined the run for the second time and finished with a time of two hours, 46 minutes and 42 seconds.