TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Jake Gyllenhaal is in the middle of a bidding war to star as comic book hero in two separate blockbusters. New Line executives want the 'Brokeback Mountain' star to play Captain Marvel in 'Shazam', based on the DC comic. A source said: "The film will be New Line's box office franchise to rival 'Batman', 'Superman' and 'Spider-Man'. "They're ready to spend up to $200 million to get it started." Jake is also being pursued by Sony Pictures to play 'Spider-Man' in the fourth instalment of the hit series. 'Spider-Man 3' is due out on May 4 and star Tobey Maguire has said he is ready to retire as the web-slinging superhero.
Director Sam Raimi is keen to continue the franchise and is keen for Jake to take over the lead role. A source said: "Sam is obviously disappointed Tobey wants to hang up his suit. He initially didn't think he would be able to make the film without him but now thinks he has found the ideal replacement in Jake."
Sienna MiIller dazzles at premeire
Liz hurts Indian Hindus sentiments