TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Washington (ANI): Actress Jennifer Connelly has signed on to opposite star Keanu Reeves in "The Day the Earth Stood Still". The 20th Century Fox film is a remake of the much admired, 1951 science fiction film of the same name. Connelly is set to portray Helen Benson, the role Patricia Neal played in the 1951 original, reports Variety.
Speed star Reeves will play a humanoid alien named Klaatu, who lands on Earth with his giant robot to warn the world leaders that they must learn to live in peace, or be destroyed by their outer-space neighbours. The film, to be produced by Erwin Stoff, will be directed by Scott Derrickson of The Exorcism of Emily Rose fame. David Scarpa will script the project, and Fox has set a December start date in Vancouver.
Connelly is currently busy shooting the ensemble comedy He's Just Not That Into You for New Line.