TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Washington (ANI): Actress Jennifer Connelly has signed on to opposite star Keanu Reeves in "The Day the Earth Stood Still". The 20th Century Fox film is a remake of the much admired, 1951 science fiction film of the same name. Connelly is set to portray Helen Benson, the role Patricia Neal played in the 1951 original, reports Variety.
Speed star Reeves will play a humanoid alien named Klaatu, who lands on Earth with his giant robot to warn the world leaders that they must learn to live in peace, or be destroyed by their outer-space neighbours. The film, to be produced by Erwin Stoff, will be directed by Scott Derrickson of The Exorcism of Emily Rose fame. David Scarpa will script the project, and Fox has set a December start date in Vancouver.
Connelly is currently busy shooting the ensemble comedy He's Just Not That Into You for New Line.