TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Wednesday, March 28,
Jessica Simpson personally delivered a new minivan to a Mexican orphanage on Sunday (25.03.07). The Employee of the Month star was greeted by cheers as she drove through the gates of Nuevo Laredo's Casa Hogar Elim orphanage in a white 2007 Chrysler Town and Country eight seat van and handed the keys to Mama Lupita, who runs the home.
Jessica said "I'm so honoured and happy to help" as she hugged Mama Lupita and the throngs of excited children. A representative for the star said: "The kids were cheering when she pulled up. "They surrounded the car and were so excited to see her. They kept saying, 'Muchas gracias! Muchas gracias!' A few of them spoke English and said, 'We love you, Jessica!' "
The children presented Jessica with gifts, including an engraved plaque with a photo of themselves and a handmade beaded necklace. A mariachi band - which the kids had saved up to hire by selling jewellery they crafted themselves - serenaded Jessica. Laughing and putting her hand on her heart, she said: "What an amazing surprise!"
Jessica was accompanied by her mother Tina and her manager father Joe. The 26-year-old star won a sports car at a swag suite at last year's MTV Video Music Awards. She asked to swap it for a minivan so she could help the orphanage she first visited in 1999. Jessica is also auctioning the red dress she wears in her new Pizza Hut advert on eBay. All proceeds from the sale will go to Casa Hogar Elim.
Orlando Bloom's new date...
Hugh Grant and Jemima unite?